betta keeps tearing his fins, how do i stop it?

tzahroxi

I have a betta named butter and he was fine when I got him initially but after a week or so he got a bad case of fin rot. I treated him in a quarantine with silk plants and after his fin started growing back I placed him back in his original tank. Now his fins are getting torn again. The tank is a planted tank but he keeps wedging himself between the roots and leaves. I believe this is what is tearing his fins but I don’t know how to get him to stop. The parameters are fine (78*F, 6.8 gallons, 0ppm nitrite and ammonia, below 20ppm nitrate). he is in there with two nerites and several shrimp. he likes to squeeze himself between the nerite roots in the first picture. he didnt rub up against the silk plants in his quarantine tank so i have no idea what's going on and why he is doing this

IMG_5642.jpg

IMG_5641.jpg

IMG_5640.jpg

Yes just move what you can. I'm trying to remember how my goldfishes tail grew back after fin rot I think there is a sort of scruffy spell where it constantly looked ragged.  It was a long time ago though. The tail doesn't look sore so it could just be part of regrowth.

Keep your water tip top I think your on the winning side of this

Edited by Flumpweesel
Missed a bit

On 11/23/2021 at 12:58 PM, Flumpweesel said:

Yes just move what you can. I'm trying to remember how my goldfishes tail grew back after fin rot I think there is a sort of scruffy spell where it constantly looked ragged.  It was a long time ago though. The tail doesn't look sore so it could just be part of regrowth.

Keep your water tip top I think your on the winning side of this

the top half of his tail fins has regrown a good bit from what initially happened but there are a few splits in the bottom half that where not there the day before