Med Trio

Lester

I would like to try the med trio. Do I just put the one dose in on day one? 2 packets maracyn, 2 packets Paracleanse 2 teaspoon ich-x(dose for 20 gallons)I have set up two 20 gallon hospital tanks(this is how multi tank syndrome starts, don't tell my wife). Both tanks have been running for a few days added plants and sponge filters from main tank. I put half tank water and half fresh water. I believe they are ready to go, tempature and test strip stable. My plan is to divide the fish in the tank(13 of them mixed species), then redo display tank and visit aquarium coop for new plants and fish.

• Administrators

If there are no active infections you know of. Then yes you'd do 1 dose and let that sit for a week with the fish. However being that you have 2 quarantine tanks setup and have owned these fish for a while. I would do each one, 1 at a time. So I'd do a week of paracleanse, 1 dose let it sit. Then rest the fish for a week, then 1 week of ich x, rest for a week, then 1 week of erythromycin, then rest for a week, then finally 1 more week of paracleanse to get any parasites that were eggs at the time of treating the first time as the meds can't attack the eggs.

Thank you quick response. These fish are all new to me.  Bought/rescued whole tank set up off of Craigslist.  Plan to keep some of the fish and rehome others, just wanted to treat before rehoming or purchasing new fish. Would you still do one treatment at a time? A few of the fish appear bloated. I am very new to this and probably not able to identify sickness. My main goal is to learn the process and make sure fish that are rehomed or kept are in the best shape. Moving forward I plan to treat new fish with med trio on the way in.

• Like 1

I plan to write a story of my journey into this hobby and how I was influenced. I am so new it wouldn't be that interesting. I currently keep bees(which I love) and has many similarities. Bees are slow right now so this hobby is filling the niche. I've had a great experience ordering and using supplies from aquarium co-op.  I will go write some reviews and hope to visit store soon.

On 11/21/2021 at 4:50 PM, Lester said:

Seems to be a lot of parallels between beekeeping and fish keeping.  Although I am enjoying being able to keep fish inside right now, beekeeping is very cold at the moment. 

There are parallels between beekeeping and fish keeping, but I keep way more records with my beekeeping than I do with fish. 🙂

• Like 3

I've got all the fish out and into hospital tanks.  I am going to take Cory's advice and do one treatment at a time. This is a longer process but I've got time.  This will allow me more time to set up display tank.  I am excited to make first trip to Edmonds store this Sunday to get substrate, hard scape and plants.Thanks for this forum and videos, it really helps with decision process. @Cory

• Like 1