New member, introduction

Aquatic Coder

Hi everyone, my name is Connor. I'm currently living outside of Philadelphia, PA. I kept fish for several years as a child and then returned to the hobby a little over 2 years ago after having a 10g tank available for free. I always knew I wanted a tank again one day and I figured why not. I ended up finding out I loved learning about aquariums, especially community tanks and what fish go well with others. I am also an app developer and have always been making fun little apps for whatever hobby I'm most into. Having several ideas for aquarium based ones led me to nerd out even more about fish.

Anyway, I had been wanting to explore fish keeping communities for a bit now to further my learning and hopefully contribute based on my experiences so far. I am currently keeping three tank. A 65g with Parrot Cichlids and Clown Loaches, a 55g with a large Oranda Goldfish, and a 36g community tank. I moved pretty recently and have re-done my tanks. Here are pictures of the 65g and 55g. I am planning do scape the 36g in a few weeks.

20211001_092043.jpg

Capture.PNG

• Like 3

On 11/17/2021 at 5:53 PM, Atitagain said:

Welcome to the forum, 1 free tank now you have 4 (if you still have the 10G) 👍nice👍
Your tanks look really good!

Thanks I appreciate that! And yes that's how it went. The 10g is empty to be used for quarantine if needed so three running. There is definitely the craving for more but three seems to be a good balance to have time to keep them maintained well so the plan is to keep with that number.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 1:56 PM, Aquatic Coder said:

Hi everyone, my name is Connor. I'm currently living outside of Philadelphia, PA. I kept fish for several years as a child and then returned to the hobby a little over 2 years ago after having a 10g tank available for free. I always knew I wanted a tank again one day and I figured why not. I ended up finding out I loved learning about aquariums, especially community tanks and what fish go well with others. I am also an app developer and have always been making fun little apps for whatever hobby I'm most into. Having several ideas for aquarium based ones led me to nerd out even more about fish.

Anyway, I had been wanting to explore fish keeping communities for a bit now to further my learning and hopefully contribute based on my experiences so far. I am currently keeping three tank. A 65g with Parrot Cichlids and Clown Loaches, a 55g with a large Oranda Goldfish, and a 36g community tank. I moved pretty recently and have re-done my tanks. Here are pictures of the 65g and 55g. I am planning do scape the 36g in a few weeks.

20211001_092043.jpg

Capture.PNG

WELCOME!  you have come to the right place.