How to feed shrimp with other piglet's in the tank??

Hi everyone~

work has been super busy but I took some time to read and catch up on everyone's on goings.. 🙂

Okay I purchased some new shrimp/snail food and this really {cute} little feeding dish.. well.. got the food in there and out came the guppies.. LOL.. I only have 2 shrimp in there right now (working on adding more)..It has Calcium so its specifically for crustaceans for shell health... 

Anyone have some helpful hints/tips to help my shrimp get this new food I got them? If I just let it sink the corydora's will get it for sure.. I thought that the little suction cup dish would help 🙂 

I had the same problem with guppies devouring the food before the shrimp. One tip I received was to feed the shrimp after the lights are off. Supposedly the fish sleep and shrimp eat. I didn’t hang around to verify the shrimp ate it but the food was gone by morning and the shrimp didn’t die.

• Like 1

When I had guppies and shrimp I crushed the flake into a fine powder or used spirulina powder. The powder also feeds small fry which are inevitable in a guppy tank. If you have floating plants it helps trap some powder where the shrimp can get it, plus it gets into nooks and crannies where fish can't reach. Guppies have endless appetites, don't they?! I also used mineral junkie bites specifically made for shrimp and snails, and have never seen any fish eat those though they do inspect them upon first encounter. The mineral bites are almost all calcium and I'm not sure if something is added but the shrimp gravitate toward them. Good luck!

• Like 1

You could try making a pile of small stones in the tank, sized so that the shrimp can get inside and the guppies can't, then drop the food down onto it.  Some of it should fall inside where the guppies can't get to it.

Though to be honest, if you only have two shrimp they probably don't need to be fed anyway.

• Like 1