What color to paint fish room?

Spewing_nonsense_

So I'm making a fish room in my basement and I gott frame and insulate it and all that, so its gonna need painting and I was just wondering what a good color to paint the walls would be. I want the tanks to pop and I dont want too much light reflecting off the walls. I was gonna go with a flat finish, and the tanks were gonna have black background and be on black stands.

Theres also a picture of the soon to be fishroom, which I've cleaned up some but still has more cleaning to do before starting construction. Anyways thanks for any advice you guys give!

20200926_080619.jpg

I did a dark plum purple with a fairly matte finish for my office, because I wanted the green of plants to pop out. The red in the purple will hit the complementary color and the blue in the purple is analogous to green, so together I find it provides a good contrast without being too colorful/flashy.

It’s a mess right now but below is how it looks. 

DED87B68-E8C9-4548-9443-65F5AEFBF132.jpeg

• Like 3

This is my home office. It's a back basement room, not a lot of light. I used an earthy tone light gray/beige. I made the stands from 2x4 and stained them. BTW my work desk/computer is on the other side, that table/chair is just for garageband 🙂  ... Hearing the light water flow and bubbles makes a really nice atmosphere for the office.

IMG_2094.JPG

Edited by Bill
  • Like 5