Cycling planted aquarium

Hello, I’ve started a planted aquarium on October 31st and I tested on November 12th and seen no ammonia or Nitrite after testing November 12th. I did see 5ppm of Nitrate. I haven’t change the water or anything. I’ve only been dosing CO2 for 8 hours a day(1 bubble per sec)and API Leaf Zone once a week on a Wednesday. I have a 20G all in one tank. I’m thinking about using aquarium co-op fertilizer, root tabs, and iron. What’s y’all take on this. I’ve seen some plants melt since being introduced to the tank, but I’m watching to see if it grows back more importantly. I’d just like some feedback on how to proceed forward to a successful LIVE, thriving tank! I’m using Fluval Stratum for substrate. Nothing else. I have no fish yet! I did a fishless cycle.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 11/13/2021 at 10:58 AM, lefty o said:

easy green and roots tabs are good stuff. im sure the iron is too, but use up your leafzone first before buying more iron, as that is primarily an iron supplement.

Thank you for your feedback. I’ll do exactly that:)

On 11/13/2021 at 9:11 AM, Kyle murfitt said:

Seems like your on the right track . I'd start dosing easy green, and go light on the iron. And go ahead and put in the root tabs. 

Thanks for your feedback. I’ll start dosing the easy green & tabs.

Hi there! Nice tank 👍 Plants look really good! 

I think you could add a couple amano shrimp and a nerite snail or two to help curb any algae as well as add waste and clean the plants. I usually add those in the first week or a new tank.

What fish were you thinking of adding?

On 11/13/2021 at 6:51 PM, PedroPete said:

I think you could add a couple amano shrimp and a nerite snail or two to help curb any algae as well as add waste and clean the plants. I usually add those in the first week or a new tank.

Okay. I’ll consider this. How many do one typically add for a 20G planted aquarium? I’m going to be adding 

1st pick: 3 Longfin Blue Ram (Preferably)

or

2nd pick: 2 German Blue ram

Apistogramma cacatuoides (1 PAIR)Male/Female

or

2nd pick: 2 Apistogramma cacatuoides (double Red)

Algae Eater:1 Bristlenose pleco(small) to start. Once my tank mature for about a month and I can see some signs of life/growth from plants and parameters are looking good. 

On 11/13/2021 at 6:51 PM, PedroPete said:

I was thinking 1 bristlenose pleco and Siamese algae eaters far as clean up crew..