Hello, I'm Gen

Genist

Hi I'm Gen from eastern Washington state.  I love aquariums as i have 4 of them.  My wife started me into them and I've just kept expanding.   In a 5 gallon I have Lamont, a blue lightning Beta and what stated as 1 rabbit snail is now 4.  In our 20 gallon I have 3 african dwarf frogs, 3 molleys and 2 Fantail guppies.  In our 49 gallon I have 2 electric blue Cichlids, 1 yellow cichlid, 3 redtail sharks, and an Albino Pleco.  In our 75 gallon tank I've only got plants so far (dwarf grass, anubis, java moss, scarlet temple? and baby tears?).  

• Like 2

I've just recently reached the cycle rate where my 75 gal tank is stable.  I'm looking to add some Kuhli Loaches, King Kong Shrimp, Galaxy Rasboras, and Neon Tetras.  I was trying to go through Aqua Huna but they don't ship to washington state.  I have a LFS, but because of c-19 they're only doing curbside orders and they don't sell freshwater fish online.

So yes I have a plan, but the execution may take a while lol.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Genist said:

I've just recently reached the cycle rate where my 75 gal tank is stable.  I'm looking to add some Kuhli Loaches, King Kong Shrimp, Galaxy Rasboras, and Neon Tetras.  I was trying to go through Aqua Huna but they don't ship to washington state.  I have a LFS, but because of c-19 they're only doing curbside orders and they don't sell freshwater fish online.

So yes I have a plan, but the execution may take a while lol.

Huh. Do they have a call ahead thing? One of my lfs will place a reserve phone order for you and when you show up at the store someone comes out and will run your card and thrn bag up the fish and bring them out. Maybe this is something you can suggest if they aren't ready doing it?

21 hours ago, Genist said:

They do have call ahead for your curbside orders, but I've had issues with our FLS before and felt cheated.  So with them, I prefer to know exactly what I'm getting.

ahhhh that makes a lot of sense. I'd be hesitant to trust a place that I have had problems with and felt I wasn't getting a good value to pick things out for me. 

Have you looked at aquatic arts? I haven't ordered from them personally but I have heard a lot of good things about them and I see that name recommended a lot.