repashy recomendation

Papagoomba

On 11/12/2021 at 8:00 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

@Guppysnail do you ever use the Community Repashy? I have some and put it in my tank a few times with no results really. Curious if you use it who eats it/how you feed it. 

Yes I mix in a touch of garlic guard and dip it in bamboo sticks so it spread out. All critters in the tank want it all at one time so spreading it out helps more to munch at once, snails climb the stick and plecos can do their thing. Every spare space on the stick a shrimp jumps in. 

7E4A95BF-F4A9-4A5D-96E3-6F454F8268E8.jpeg

D8AC4062-50FC-4CB0-9F85-E23A901E277D.jpeg

D14DC9A8-286C-496A-B424-F7452B0FFB18.jpeg

6F0726BA-CD5C-48FC-BBEB-CA142CEC8716.jpeg

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 2

On 11/12/2021 at 9:54 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

@Guppysnail I've tried your stick trick with craft sticks purchased at the hobby store. Then I put them in my tank and it all falls off nearly immediatly. I must be doing something wrong.

I use bamboo. I heat a glass with hot water I make sure the water I add to the repashy is rapid boiling. I pour the mix in the warm glass and place a handful of sticks in at a time. Take them out one at a time place on a tray lined with wax paper. Let cool on counter then refrigerate.  I then seal in food saver before freezing so it stays moist and doesn’t get freeze dried. Best way I found to keep it on the stick. 

D2FE0B1B-CF87-4223-B079-B103A8D680AD.jpeg

29A43356-E28C-41E4-8417-87C310B4BA3B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2021 at 8:58 PM, Guppysnail said:

I use bamboo. I heat a glass with hot water I make sure the water I add to the repashy is rapid boiling. I pour the mix in the warm glass and place a handful of sticks in at a time. Take them out one at a time place on a tray lined with wax paper. Let cool on counter then refrigerate.  I then seal in food saver before freezing so it stays moist and doesn’t get freeze dried. Best way I found to keep it on the stick. 

D2FE0B1B-CF87-4223-B079-B103A8D680AD.jpeg

29A43356-E28C-41E4-8417-87C310B4BA3B.jpeg

Nice!  Thanks for the explanation.  I’ve seen your Repashy sticks before but couldn’t figure out exactly how you did them.  My Repashy goes from paste to solid in the blink of an eye (I barely have time enough to spread it across a mold) so I couldn’t picture how you dipped the sticks except the “dry” method but that didn’t look like what you did.  I have microwaved it a few seconds in the silicone mold to get more spreading time and to get it to stick together better instead of doing the crumble thing.

Have you tried the “egg white dip, then roll the sticks into the dry Repashy” technique?  I think most bake them for a few minutes in very low temp to “fix” the egg white as glue.  I know I can do that so that’s what I was going to try.  I even read where somebody did a whole dip, roll, bake, dip, bake, series.  Seems like you’d lose a lot of vitamin value at that point.