Seven Daily Photo Theme Threads

Streetwise

There are some threads we keep going back to here, like Enjoy Nature Daily.

I thought it would be fun to have an ongoing photo theme thread for each day of the week, but I thought we should discuss ideas before starting anything.

One example would be the Subaru subreddit, which has stuff like Front-End Friday. Alliteration, puns, and whimsey are often in the themes.

Let's throw out some thread ideas before we create any. They need to be repeatable, so you don't run out of one-time content.

Here are some we have come up with, edited as the thread evolves:

Edited by Streetwise
Updates
  • Like 6

Like the idea, though Friday Fry-Day and Surprise Fry Saturday might be too much Fry in a row, despite that...

Skimming duckweed out of a tank into a specimen container, left the net in the tank and went to dump the specimen container into another tank, when I came back I found a white cloud fry in the net:
_DSC6616.jpg.79ce39a637ea7e11abf123c4c2e95945.jpg

Surprise Fry!

Checking the tank more closely I found at least one other fry, hope I didn't scoop any out with the duck weed.

Edited by MattyIce
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Streetwise said:

There are some threads we keep going back to here, like Enjoy Nature Daily.

I thought it would be fun to have an ongoing photo theme thread for each day of the week, but I thought we should discuss ideas before starting anything.

One example would be the Subaru subreddit, which has stuff like Front-End Friday. Alliteration and puns are often in the themes.

Let's throw out some thread ideas before we create any.

I'll start with a few ideas:

• Top-View Tuesday
  • Throwback Thursday - Old photos of current tanks
  • Friday Fry-Day

I like the idea!!!

3 minutes ago, Streetwise said:

I think Throwback Thursday could be old photos of your tanks, old historical stuff. Do you think it would be repeatable enough?

Definitely everyone has old photos, so we could have a good run for a while. But another angle could be something like 'what did the tank look like at first and what does it look like now'. Something like this:

825425715_beforeandafter1.PNG.a016541afcac147f7c48cde702f5718c.PNG

or

Before-and-After-South-Carolina-2.jpg.f2f23037f82695be497dbdf0d8111a35.jpg

Most people are not going to do them side by side, but it would still look with before first and after below.

• Like 1