Local thrift shop(s) find.

Scotch Zukington

So this past Sunday I happened to visit (2) local thrift shops, not by choice but, the little woman dragged me along.. πŸ™‚

Anyway.. The first store, I strayed off course from my girlfriend and found myself staring at (2) 10g tanks.. One had a note inside saying NO FISH.. Odd.. So i picked both of them up for.. ready for this.. $5 for both.. I showed the check out person the note and said well.. ill have to fix it would ya take $5 for both... Yup SCORE...

2nd store.. By this time I'm like a 5yr old, as my woman is dragging me up n down the isles, as I just wanted to go home and check out my new tanks.
Again, I wonder off... and what do I see.. ?? more tanks.. WTF, I'm like OK, I'm buying a lotto ticket on my way home.. One was a 20g tall, back of it was cracked pretty bad, the other was a 5g that was nasty with old hamster bedding.. Me, I'm like Score..
I'm looking around and moved a box to the side, and BOOM.. a whole box of Filter Cartridges (Large) 8-packs.. I'm like yea, these are opened and all full of crayons or something.. Nope, no sir, all un-opened. 6 boxes worth.. SO now I'm debating the 20g.. But I took it πŸ™‚

The last haul I ended up paying $10, I couldn't believe my luck.. I stopped in at Lowe's, asked for them to cut me a piece of glass for the 20g, and now it's in the garage drying.. Man.. What a haul.. and I thought I'd share w/ you guys..
If yer low on cash, and have a Sunday afternoon to kill, check out yer local thrift shops, as they get a lot of items every-day... I think this will be my Sunday routine..

Ohh and I did go buy a lotto ticket.. 🎫

Β 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 11/9/2021 at 9:30 PM, Scotch Zukington said:

The first store, I strayed off course from my girlfriend and found myself staring at (2) 10g tanks..

Again, I wonder off...

🀣🀣🀣 whenever I’m at any store this is me ⬆️⬆️ I’m always looking around trying to find anything I can use in the fishroom 🀣🀣🀣

I’m not allowed β€œever” to bring home anymore tanks 😬nice finds!!!

On 11/9/2021 at 9:29 PM, s1_ said:

What thickness glass did you find at Lowes?

If I remember correctly, the glass I got was 3/16..

Don't quote me on that, but for some reason, that stick in my brain atm.. πŸ™‚

FYI : I did buy a lotto ticket, and the Lotto commission called me and said I owe them 24 million, yea that's my luck. heh

• Haha 1