Ever find something unexpected floating in your aquarium?

tnnlynch

I am the only one who cleans the tank and I have not changed anything in this tank in months. I was removing the lid to maintain the tank and I saw this floating.  Tank has a dwarf lilly, sword, crypts, java fern, vals and Pogostemon Stellatus.  This is a seed pod of some sort but what?

IMG_1227.JPG

IMG_1228.JPG

Edited by tnnlynch
corrected plant name.
  • Like 1

I should add this to the feline thread, but I heard a chirp on the way to bed, exhausted. I knew it was probably a chipmunk, but I wasn’t going to search for animals at the time.

The next morning it woke me up, and I figured my cat had cornered it. It was swimming in a water change bucket, exhausted, with my cat watching. I brought it outside, and locked the window for an hour to give it a head start.

Another time, I caught this on camera:

• Like 2

On 11/9/2021 at 5:11 PM, GameCzar said:

Looks like a sunflower seed to me!  😉

A David brand to be exact JK but that is the first thing I thought of.

I used to eat them obsessively, thought I kept a good watch on them. We found shells in furniture years later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was wondering if it was the dwarf lily but I could not find any pictures of it propagating.

I have had a fly in my other tank (no lid).  Fish ignored him so I ended that incursion. 

I don't eat sunflower seeds so I am feeling pretty safe on that one. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/9/2021 at 7:28 PM, dasaltemelosguy said:

I bought 50 cardinals about 2 months ago. All has been well. One morning, seemingly out of nowhere, I saw this little dude staring at me!

(I think a Chinese algae eater must have been in the mix!)

e2.jpg.86d4ff4d8c980ca8045df49844ab9e54.jpg

That's the weirdest looking face I've ever seen.

• Haha 1

I planted a water sprite in my 65 gallon tank.   The tank has a rim, of course, and a lid, so I don't pay a lot of attention to what's going on at the top of the tank.  Some time later I was surprised to see that the water sprite I had planted wasn't looking too good, but there were several water sprite plants floating, some larger than the original had been when I bought it.

• Like 1