Update on 44g blackwater #3

Finally got my co2 up and running.  Had a lot of trouble trying to find a place out here that would fill and or exchange tanks.  Wanted to just check everything was working correctly.  Still need to straighten and bend the co2 line to size but works good so far.  Over the next few days I'll start testing for co2 drop throughout the day to get my bps dialed in.  

Diffuser under ACO powerhead with course pre filter sponge.  

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 11:04 AM, HotTunaCartel said:

Little update, was messing around with the co2 and can not believe how clear water can be with just sponge filters and a power head 

Still only have the guppies until I can find a cheap 10 g tank for quarantine.  

IMG_5119.jpg

Yes, the ACO powerhead works wonders in a SW tank as well! 😍

• Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 2:20 PM, eatyourpeas said:

Yes, the ACO powerhead works wonders in a SW tank as well! 😍

In the past I've never had powerheads.  But since having the aco powerhead I've noticed that the fish absolutely love swimming in the current.  Its nice that it is not super powerful and there are still plenty of places for the fish to rest.  The one thing I wish is that aco would make an adjustable powerhead so that i can tone down the power.  I'd love to put one in my 20 long but its a bit too powerfull, ended up getting an aquaclear 20 which is about 1/2 of the gph as the aco but the aquaclear is built specific for their prefilters which I honestly think is a bit of put off.  I was able to put a course prefilter aco on it but it doesn't fit as well as on the aco powerheads.