Will bn plecos eat chain swords or micro swords?

In my experience my lemons do not eat the plant per se but suction the biofilm and algae off the plant. Their strong suction action causes damage to delicate broad leaf plants occasionally but not too often. My babies will go for thin delicate plants. The adults mouths are too broad to harm the thinner leaves or munch properly so they leave my thinner leaf plants alone. 

• Thanks 1

I haven't seen it. My Super Reds tend to just hang out and wait for me to feed them shrimp pellets, green beans, shrimp, or tubifex worm cubes. They don't really graze on much of anything. They just hang around waiting for me to feed them. If they're starving and not getting enough to eat they'll be apt to munch on anything that looks like food, but if you're keeping them well fed, they should pretty much ignore most plants. Mine are very well trained. The green beans and shrimp pellets they get each morning go in the middle of the tank and they all hang out there waiting for their breakfast in the morning. Around four or so in the afternoon the tubifex worm cubes get pressed against the right front glass and they hang out there then waiting for the worm cubes to get pressed on the glass for them. They start lining up along the front right glass around three or so and as soon as my hand goes in with the worm cubes they swarm towards it. I have to weave my way around them to get the cubes pressed on the glass.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1