Best HOB Filter

Stella

What is everyone’s favorite HOB filter?  I have a Tidal 35 on my 30 gallon tank, and I’m not super impressed with it. I don’t feel like it keeps the water moving enough to get Some of the waste off the bottom.  I could be crazy though lol. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 5:24 PM, Stella said:

What is everyone’s favorite HOB filter?  I have a Tidal 35 on my 30 gallon tank, and I’m not super impressed with it. I don’t feel like it keeps the water moving enough to get Some of the waste off the bottom.  I could be crazy though lol. 

i have a tidal 110 and a marineland 400.. i realy like the marineland 400 the biowheels keep on turning!!! but the tidal 110 is with out flaw IMO! with those two filters i use a marineland magnum polishing internal canister filter. moving 1200 gallons per hour.

if i had to choose just one HOB filter it would be the tidal hands down

On 11/6/2021 at 5:38 PM, scott the fishman said:

i have a tidal 110 and a marineland 400.. i realy like the marineland 400 the biowheels keep on turning!!! but the tidal 110 is with out flaw IMO! with those two filters i use a marineland magnum polishing internal canister filter. moving 1200 gallons per hour.

if i had to choose just one HOB filter it would be the tidal hands down

thats 1200 g per hour combind in my 75g

I've only had 1 HOB and it hasn't given me any issues- and I'm pretty happy with it, it's an Aqueon QuietFlow 10 - what I've been told is great about these instead of some competitors is that when they lose power they don't have to be primed- which means no burned out HOB after a power outage if you're not home to save it. 

I have an AC 70 which is great as is my emperor 400 - both move a lot of water and I use them only for mechanical. They are louder than I’d like. I have an Aqueon Quietflow 20 and I like it, with the pump in the tank it’s relatively quiet, it moves water well and media chamber is decent - not as generous as the AC or Emperor but great for the 15 g it’s on. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 6:24 PM, Stella said:

For a tank that size, I would go with a 55 model.

• Like 1