mage changes to the 75g aquarium

scott the fishman

hey guys! missed you you all the last couple of days! So i did a huge maintenance on my 75 g tank. I took every plant out and trimmed the bad leaves,

cleaned the substrate, and took inventory on my fish stock. to my surprise i still had three of my yoyo loaches. i thought i lost 2 only lost one.

the 3 yoyo loaches look strong. so then i changed the scape i will show before and after pics. i grouped the species of plants in tight groups instead of well all over the place. moved the hardscape in tighter and changed the angles of the stones. hope you like it . after thought i find it really hard to aquascape . this was my 2nd time performing an aquascape. and i do not have the skills for it yet.

in the pics the 1st is the before the changes.

IMG_20211027_124452.jpg

IMG_20211105_065654.jpg

IMG_20211105_070100.jpg

IMG_20211105_065629.jpg

IMG_20211105_065542.jpg

IMG_20211105_065618.jpg

• Like 7

Very cool, one thing I’ve learned is that plants of the same species look better when bunched together, much like a school of fish. It could just be my preference. Personally, I wouldn’t pull anything out again, just cut the dead leaves off while in the aquarium so you don’t consistently disturb the roots. Patience is key, but eventually it’ll start to look like whatever your brain tells you it should look like. Just my 2 cents. 
Also as far as stock inventory, I’ve had plecos, corys, and loaches that I haven’t seen in months. I knew they were in there and if they did pass on and I didn’t see a body, then it would be a fish and snail snack, and in turn provides more fertilizer for the plants. Fully functional eco system has always been my goal.

I love the aquascape, it looks great dude. 

On 11/5/2021 at 6:12 PM, Manny said:

Very cool, one thing I’ve learned is that plants of the same species look better when bunched together, much like a school of fish. It could just be my preference. Personally, I wouldn’t pull anything out again, just cut the dead leaves off while in the aquarium so you don’t consistently disturb the roots. Patience is key, but eventually it’ll start to look like whatever your brain tells you it should look like. Just my 2 cents. 
Also as far as stock inventory, I’ve had plecos, corys, and loaches that I haven’t seen in months. I knew they were in there and if they did pass on and I didn’t see a body, then it would be a fish and snail snack, and in turn provides more fertilizer for the plants. Fully functional eco system has always been my goal.

I love the aquascape, it looks great dude. 

NICE THANK YOU!!. good advice on plant grouping! i started to realize that after a few weeks in to the planted tank adventure. thank you for the confirmation. and yeah next time i will trim while plants are still on aquarium. as for the fish i had to know i just had to know right here and now how many fish i may have lost. I am sure as i mature as a fish keeper i will be able to be more patience. Again thank you for helpful comment.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 6:31 PM, Manny said:

@scott the fishman You’ll get there buddy, just keep on keepin’

Good luck to you and you are definitely in the right place. The great thing about this hobby is that no matter how experienced you may be, there’s always something to be learnt. 

thsnk you indeed keep on keeping on!!! these little fish are so much more to me then a hobbies these little guys are my family and i and only i can take care of them. so i will do what ever it takes to keep them healthy and happy!!

and lucky for them i belong to this forum.

• Like 2