Results of approximately 12 months of sand capped dirt tub outside

Phantom240

I set up a tub (120 gallon, IIRC) outside to toss some dwarf sag and random overflow/trimmings/excess guppies (turns out, they haven't produced many) into, so I could immediately carpet a tank with dwarf sag, and maybe produce some plants to trade or sell. After about a year, this is the monstrosity that it has become, LOL. More dwarf sag than I can shake a stick at, about 10 amazon swords I've potted for future trading, enough christmas moss for me to probably fill a gallon milk jug... It's insane. 

spacer.png

Christmas moss literally growing up the sides of the tub, and it's DENSE. 

spacer.png

Edited by Phantom240
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

On 11/5/2021 at 6:49 PM, Patrick_G said:

Wow, that’s a plant growing machine. 

Tell me about it. Kinda want to get a variety of rarer plants and see if I can make some bank lol

On 11/5/2021 at 6:14 PM, PineSong said:

Wow! What part of the country are you in? I can't believe the guppies haven't taken off in that tub. What do you think the problem is? It sure isn't lack of cover--maybe the boys cannot find the girls!

There's only a few, so who knows. Then again, predation from wild animals and feral cats may be to blame. I'm in Southeast Louisiana, and this is on the back side of my house, facing north, so it really doesn't get much direct sun. 

• Like 1