Best Heater... Does A Good One Exist?

Zeithelden

I am sure this was mentioned a few times on streams but why did the coop drop the Fluval E series heaters? I have been running one for about 2.5 years with out issues. Recently though after water changes I plug it back in and it will read a low temp. as compared to my temp gun and glass thermometer. I wait ten minutes unplug it and then plug it back in and it reads normal. Which I might not have noticed if it wasn’t for the digital display. I also run Aqueon Pros with out issues. I will be looking into a controller though, thanks for the info on that. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Will said:

I am sure this was mentioned a few times on streams but why did the coop drop the Fluval E series heaters? I have been running one for about 2.5 years with out issues. Recently though after water changes I plug it back in and it will read a low temp. as compared to my temp gun and glass thermometer. I wait ten minutes unplug it and then plug it back in and it reads normal. Which I might not have noticed if it wasn’t for the digital display. I also run Aqueon Pros with out issues. I will be looking into a controller though, thanks for the info on that. 

We stopped selling them because we'd go 6+ months without shipments. Fluval has a really hard time keeping heaters in stock, as well as some other products. Heaters because of their size, didn't make us any money after shipping. WIth the constant burden to customer service of when they'll be back in stock, it simply made sense to stop losing money then waiting on a company who ships to unreliably. 

• Administrators

I should point out, the marina nano heater that we bought from Fluval, we were out of stock for 4 months, ordering it every single week. Then they said, oh by the way, we discontinued that heater.... Stuff like that is why we have to move away from companies that are slowly sinking from within.