Siphoning planted betta tank

Hi, this is a question I’ve wanted to ask for some time now.  I have a planted tank with Flourite gravel and sand.  It is heavily planted and has been running for about 2.5 months.  

Currently I have one betta fish and 4 horned nerite snails in the tank.

I’ve read online that with planted tanks I shouldn’t go crazy siphoning and stirring up the gravel since my plants and their environment need the nutrients.  People have commented that they don’t touch the gravel near their plants but I’m wondering, how do I get all the poop out without stirring up the gravel?   Bettas need such clean water but since I have little area where there are not plants or wood or stones, what should I do.

Right now, I do weekly water changes and cleanings and top offs as needed.  I have been really getting in there vacuuming but now I think I might be going overboard.

I appreciate your help!  Thank you for reading!  

On 11/2/2021 at 4:49 PM, Scapexghost said:

I don't gravel vac planted tanks. Fish waste does leach nutrients into the water but no more than active substrates will. So long as you keep up with water changes, there is little to be concerned over. It's free and natural fertilizer. 

Hi, thank you so much.  I’m so glad I asked.  I appreciate your help.  Have a great day!

• Like 1