Easiest self-propagating plants?

I have plants I collected out of a local lake. They are illegal to sell in WA, as they are invasive, but they do grow fast in my aquarium, improving water quality no end.

I am not advocating this exactly, and to be responsible you should never share them or let them get back into a local body of water. I am not even going to tell you which things I happened to find. But I figure I have removed some small portion of invasive plants from the ecosystem, and as long as they never leave my tanks I am not contributing to their spread. Check your local noxious weed control board, and be responsible if you choose this course. A handful collected from the lake margin and stuffed into an empty sandwich bag at a picnic was enough to experiment with what would and would not thrive.

• Thanks 1

At this moment, the easiest is my Asian Water Fern. Three weeks in, my AWF is well on it's way to producing 6 new individual plants.  It all depends on how narrowly you define self-propagating.  Hornwort could be the easiest that I 've had, but left undisturbed, it remains one plant.  On the other hand, The single rotting piece of Wisteria planted in January is becoming a carpeting plant.  

• Thanks 1

On 11/8/2021 at 10:29 AM, Tanked said:

At this moment, the easiest is my Asian Water Fern. Three weeks in, my AWF is well on it's way to producing 6 new individual plants.  It all depends on how narrowly you define self-propagating.  Hornwort could be the easiest that I 've had, but left undisturbed, it remains one plant.  On the other hand, The single rotting piece of Wisteria planted in January is becoming a carpeting plant.  

Is that the same thing as water sprite?  It will also propagate new plants from a single leaf, like water wisteria.

• Thanks 1