What fish should I stock first?

TF1215

Hello everyone, I am new to the hobby and after some poor luck a while ago have done a lot of research and corrected my issues, so I'm giving it another shot. I have a newly planted 10 gallon tank and am going to try a stocking idea from one of Cory's videos: a group of around 6 tetras, a group of around 4 cory cats, and one dwarf gourami. One thing I still have a question about is which of these fish should I add to the aquarium first? I know I should only add a few at a time so does the order matter at all? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

So when stocking tanks, its usually advised to go from least agressive to most agressive, as well as hardiest to most delicate.

In this case, corydoras or tetras first. Then, after several weeks, add whichever group you didn't add first. Then, several weeks later, dwarf gourami last - the dwarf gourami is most agressive, and in this case also most sensitive since these poor little buggers are pretty much always diseased.

Also, its recommended you quarantine your new fish before adding them to the final tank. This requires having a quarantine tank set up.

Be aware that's also gonna be a really crowded 10 gallon so you may run into problems having crazy parameter swings and agression issues (the agression at least could probably be solved by just sticking to tetras and corydoras and no gourami). So watch your levels closely to make sure you don't miss an ammonia spike or anything that could  suddenly cause big problems in your tank.