quarantine tank

scott the fishman

What I do is get a spray bottle spray all the tank with 3% hydrogen peroxide solution let it dry then i clean it well with dechlorinator water to remove any  residue that how I do it or you could treat the tank once more this is the way I have only ways done it  

On 10/28/2021 at 8:33 PM, scott the fishman said:

HI GUYS! so as some of you know i am now medicating my whole 75 gallon planted tank. so far it has cost me over $80 and will still need more meds to complete the treatment. so i am now going to buy a 10g tank w lid. can any of you guys chime in and help me cut cost with equipment filters heaters lights kinda thing. thanks

HI GUYS! day three update with sick loaches. So i just did the 3rd day medication. i am missing 2 yoyo laches and the others are still in distress. getting worried is a understatement. what i am using as meds is maracyn , paracleanse with ich-xc.

ugh this hurts man!!!!

On 10/30/2021 at 6:54 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

What a bummer. Are you seeing anything visual on the fish that could indicate what they might have? What are your current water parameters? (post pics of fish if you can)

What a bummer. Are you seeing anything visual on the fish that could indicate what they might have? What are your current water parameters? (post pics of fish if you can)

my nitrites are 0 nitrate is at .25 just broke my glasstube for testing ammonia but just did a 50% water chacnge 3 days ago

On 10/30/2021 at 7:00 PM, scott the fishman said:

my nitrites are 0 nitrate is at .25 just broke my glasstube for testing ammonia but just did a 50% water chacnge 3 days ago

all other fish are doing fine including my zebra loaches.

ohh yes there is a whit fuzzy patch on back of 2 yoyo loaches. and they shimmer aggresivly against the substrate and wood in my aquarium. will try to get a pic 

On 10/30/2021 at 7:04 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

I'd check the ammonia. 

ok tomorrow at 10 am i will be able to

On 10/30/2021 at 7:07 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

fuzzy patches could be either fungus or loss of slime coat so pictures will be helpful. 

ok i tried to take pics of my yoyo loaches but they are staying in the back. but i did take pics hehe.

this is my show fish my red tail black shark and the others are my zebra loaches

IMG_20211030_191858.jpg

IMG_20211030_191938.jpg

IMG_20211030_192031.jpg

IMG_20211030_192438.jpg

On 10/30/2021 at 8:00 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Pretty fish. Are the rest of the inhabitants acting ok? 

I'd say when they come out try and snap a pic and test your ammonia when you can. Let us know when you're able maybe we can help pinpoint what's going on. 

ok will do. the white fuzzy patch is very small i thought it might be from a bite that got well fuzzy after time.  the zebra loaches pick on them aqnd are violent at feeding time to the yoyo loaches