My betta is a bit scraggly looking.

FishPlanet

On 10/28/2021 at 2:56 PM, Colu said:

It's difficult to tell off your pictures does his fin have any reddening to the edges of the fin or is the edge of his fins  clear 

No, The red on his fins is natural coloring. When he flares, his top fin (Sorry, I don't know what it's called) won't stretch out.

On 10/28/2021 at 9:26 PM, FishPlanet said:

No, The red on his fins is natural coloring. When he flares, his top fin (Sorry, I don't know what it's called) won't stretch ou

If the dorsal fin won't open properly they can be a sign of fin rot or he could have damage it if it doesn't have any reddening to the edge of the fin it's more then likely mild fin rot increasing water changes and and adding some aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 3 gallons should be enough if after a week you notice the fin starting to deteriorate then I would do a course of kanaplex or maracyn2

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2021 at 3:47 PM, Colu said:

If the dorsal fin won't open properly they can be a sign of fin rot or he could have damage it if it doesn't have any reddening to the edge of the fin it's more then likely mild fin rot increasing water changes and and adding some aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 3 gallons should be enough if after a week you notice the fin starting to deteriorate then I would do a course of kanaplex or maracyn2

Thank you. It seems like he has mild fin rot. I will do what you said and I will update soon. Oh, and will that much aquarium salt hurt a bronze cory catfish, MTS, and 5 platies? Those are the tank mates I have with him. 

On 11/2/2021 at 7:14 PM, FishPlanet said:

Ok, I need help. The fin rot has spread to other parts of his fins now. Help!

As it's spreading I would treat with kanaplex or maracyn2 you might have to do two full courses of treatment