Aquarium Plants & Fish

I'm not sure if you were being serious or not. You're definitely keeping healthy fauna and growing great plants, and I like the tanks how you have them. 

If you're serious about changing the scape, check out George Farmer's or MD Tanks YouTube channel. Lots of great aquascaping videos, super helpful. 

• Like 1

One tip I got early on was try to scape the tank in 1/3rds and avoid symmetry. Keep the taller stem plants in the back 1/3 of the tank, medium height centerpiece plants like big swords and such in the middle 1/3. And keep the smaller and carpet plants in the front 1/3. Maybe plant one side heavier than the other, or have separation off center. 

One tip I learned along the way, feature big, almost oversized hardscape and plant around it. Draws the eye, and then you notice all the details. Great stone or driftwood really completes a scape.

Happy aquascaping 

1 hour ago, Edward Steven said:

One tip I got early on was try to scape the tank in 1/3rds and avoid symmetry. Keep the taller stem plants in the back 1/3 of the tank, medium height centerpiece plants like big swords and such in the middle 1/3. And keep the smaller and carpet plants in the front 1/3. Maybe plant one side heavier than the other, or have separation off center. 

One tip I learned along the way, feature big, almost oversized hardscape and plant around it. Draws the eye, and then you notice all the details. Great stone or driftwood really completes a scape.

Happy aquascaping 

Thank you.  👍

• 6 months later...