Water Circulation Issues

Richie

Hello!

So I just recently started a 10 Gallon planted tank.  I'm currently still in the cycling process, but I've noticed that my HOB filter isn't providing the best circulation and was wondering what would be a good way to remedy this.  I've done quite a bit of research, but nothing seems to be really conclusive.  Other than this, everything seems to be going well.  

Thanks for your help!

-Richie

Whenever I use hobs I place a coop sponge or any sponge on the opposite side with the ziss airstone upgrade. I use that in case I’m to overzealous cleaning the hob or the hob malfunctions so that my cycle is never disrupted. I also use sponge media in lieu of the cartridge. 

• Like 4

On 10/26/2021 at 5:25 AM, Guppysnail said:

Whenever I use hobs I place a coop sponge or any sponge on the opposite side with the ziss airstone upgrade. I use that in case I’m to overzealous cleaning the hob or the hob malfunctions so that my cycle is never disrupted. I also use sponge media in lieu of the cartridge. 

I did a bit more research and decided this would be my best bet.  I actually planned on heading up to their store on Thursday to pick up a sponge and air pump!

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 10:17 AM, Richie said:

I did a bit more research and decided this would be my best bet.  I actually planned on heading up to their store on Thursday to pick up a sponge and air pump!

excellent choice :)     even the nano in my 20 long provides good circulation on the other side of my hob 

also, if you don't have an air pump, the mini silicone air pumps are great and provide plenty of flow for any of their sponge filters and are absolutely quiet.  

Edited by HotTunaCartel
edition
  • Like 1