High Nitrates and PH

Dennis

Hello I'm to this forum need some help I have high nitrates in all my tanks. Like above 80-120. I have been doing 50% water changes at least once a week sometimes times twice a week. Fluval 301, and planted Light. eco complete, plants and about 60 different fish.

20211024_103654 (2).jpg

If you are using root tabs, stop. Continue water changes. Calibrate your test kits, and double check that you are using them correctly. Test your source water for nitrates. If you do a 50% water change, you will have half the nitrates. If you don't see this in testing, your method or test kit needs to be checked/ replaced.

I have only used the tabs once. Test kit date is 2024, I'm on city water, fish all look good and acting appropriately from what I can tell. I went to my local store,he tested also once it was high the next time it's ok. But I'm high again. 

Sorry I didn't say 60 Gal tall, 55 corner, 20 nano,

Do daily 25-50% water changes until  your nitrates are at or below 20ppm, then test daily and record your readings. Chances are, you're either overstocked or overfeeding. Regardless, you can either do more frequent water changes or add more plant mass and dose ferts (minus nitrate) to the water column to increase your plants' ability to uptake the nitrate. CO2 helps when going that approach, as well.