Anyone kept snail eating leeches (Alboglossiphonia lata)?

Antichton

So I was watching Foo the Flowerhorn's latest video, and he added some type of leech (alboglossophinia lata) that eats snails to his tank to combat a snail infestation. 

Was wondering if anyone else has tried keeping these. How would they compare to, for example, loaches or assassin snails for snail control? Shrimp safe?

Here's a paper I found studying these leeches. The meat of the paper is probably irrelevant to keeping them in aquaria. Relevant quotes:

Alboglossiphonia lata (Oka, 1910) [7] belongs to the Glossiphoniidae family, which is among the more species-rich leech families in terms of described numbers of species [8]. Worldwide, the presence of A. lata is primarily recorded in East Asia, including China, Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea, as well as in Hawaii [9, 10]. (...) These leeches usually feed on the blood of turtle or amphibians in clean, non-organic polluted streams, irrigation ditches, and open sewers. However, some glossiphoniids, like those belonging to the genera Helobdella (Blanchard, 1896) and Glossiphonia (Johnson, 1816), feed on the hemolymph of aquatic oligochaetes and snails [11]. Regarding parental care, all known Glossiphoniidae have evolved the habit of brooding the eggs and juveniles [12].

Adult specimens, collected in nearby ponds and purchased online from Yeosu Aquarium, were bred in the Laboratory of Cellular and Developmental Biology (LCDB) of the Department of Biology of Chungbuk National University, Republic of Korea. (...) The specimens were cleaned once a day by changing the culture medium and scrubbed manually to get rid of any residual waste, and kept in an incubator at 22 °C. Their diet consisted of red snails purchased online, which were bred in fish bowls with Working Solution at room temperature.

7 minutes ago, Antichton said:

So I was watching Foo the Flowerhorn's latest video, and he added some type of leech (alboglossophinia lata) that eats snails to his tank to combat a snail infestation. 

Was wondering if anyone else has tried keeping these. How would they compare to, for example, loaches or assassin snails for snail control? Shrimp safe?

Here's a paper I found studying these leeches. The meat of the paper is probably irrelevant to keeping them in aquaria. Relevant quotes:

I've had leeches that supposedly eat snails appear in a planted tank I have, but I had some mistry snails there and they were breeding, so every time I find one I take it out and feed my leopard bush fish with it. 

I just don't trust them to not eat shrimp or bother fish, but then again, I don't know the species that showed up, just what a biologist friend of mine told me about them