Kuhli behavior?

lmhicks101

Is it normal that some of my kuhli loachea will swim to the top of the tank fast and then back down and then up again petty much doing circles all day? I have 6 of them and most will hide or sit under the sponge filter and plants but 1 or 2 will do that for like an hour and then disappear and then another one will do it. 
I’m feeding the other fish first then directly give them food to their hiding spots like blood worms and bring shrimp or sinking wafers. When I was medicating them for ich they all did that none stop until I water changed a little so guessing it was a little strong for them. As I went to take a pic of them acting up they stopped. Camera shy I guess. 

image.jpg

On 10/20/2021 at 6:57 PM, lmhicks101 said:

Is it normal that some of my kuhli loachea will swim to the top of the tank fast and then back down and then up again petty much doing circles all day? I have 6 of them and most will hide or sit under the sponge filter and plants but 1 or 2 will do that for like an hour and then disappear and then another one will do it. 
I’m feeding the other fish first then directly give them food to their hiding spots like blood worms and bring shrimp or sinking wafers. When I was medicating them for ich they all did that none stop until I water changed a little so guessing it was a little strong for them. As I went to take a pic of them acting up they stopped. Camera shy I guess. 

image.jpg

Sound like you are describing glass surfing which is causing by stress of some kind. Do they only do so when you are present?

On 10/20/2021 at 7:50 PM, lmhicks101 said:

@Helan I see them do it sometimes when I’m away from the tank with the lights off but a lot of it is throughout the day with the lights on with or without me near the tank. 

Then you might want to look at water perimeters 

@Helan this is a fish in cycle and I’m dosing with prime. I’ve had it 4 weeks now. 

Ammonias - .5 but was .75 last night so it’s going down naturally now. 

Nitrites - 0

Nitrates - 0 to 5

pH - 7 and going down. Stayed at 6.6 before I did daily water changes due to ich-x treatment 

GH and KH were 6-7 and 1-2 before the change and just waiting for the after to get back to a steady pH before testing it again. 

6DC6F0FA-34B2-4122-80A2-A5ECF0B6BE0A.jpeg

On 10/20/2021 at 8:05 PM, lmhicks101 said:

@Helan this is a fish in cycle and I’m dosing with prime. I’ve had it 4 weeks now. 

Ammonias - .5 but was .75 last night so it’s going down naturally now. 

Nitrites - 0

Nitrates - 0 to 5

pH - 7 and going down. Stayed at 6.6 before I did daily water changes due to ich-x treatment 

GH and KH were 6-7 and 1-2 before the change and just waiting for the after to get back to a steady pH before testing it again. 

6DC6F0FA-34B2-4122-80A2-A5ECF0B6BE0A.jpeg

Ahhh it’s a cycling tank, ya that explains it .once the tank has fully cycled the loaches should stop 

• Thanks 1