Panda Cory 🐼 injury vs ?

Beardedbillygoat1975

I came home to find one of the smaller of my 15 Cory cats with what looks like almost a gash from the gill plate to the belly. CF2A8572-31EF-4026-923B-1E53CC7A8A5B.jpeg.dbadf1230a70dc2a5a274391f0c615ce.jpeg
I don’t want to miss a potential infection. I recently had a mass die off in the guppy tank next to my corys so I don’t want to miss something.  
Ita a bare bottom sterilite tub, 30 g, an aqua clear 70, a ac sponge and a home made slow bubble filter with lava rock media and crushed coral for filtration. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 10 nitrate, kh 120, gh 200. I may just pull the plants and use the trio but maybe I’m just paranoid ow. 

22179BEA-1A26-40AF-9B70-34C7284C5B01.jpeg

• Sad 1

It looks more like an injury the only  disease in Cory's that causes red patches like this is red blotch disease I more inclined go with   an injury looking at the pictures I would monitor your Cory's for now any others show symptoms such as red patches than I would treat with kanaplex or maracyn2 

Edited by Colu

On 10/20/2021 at 5:48 PM, Colu said:

It looks more like an injury the only  disease in Cory's that causes red patches like this is red blotch disease I more inclined go with   an injury looking at the pictures I would monitor your Cory's for now any others show symptoms such as red patches than I would treat with kanaplex or maracyn2 

My Cory had similar symptoms when I removed it’s body , could it have been red blotch?. What’s the difference between an injury and red blotch?