CO2 in a 10 gallon planted aquarium?

md363

Hi everyone, I'm trying to find some advice on the benefits of a CO2 system in my 10 gallon planted aquarium.  I know that CO2 can have great benefits for the plants, but is it 100% safe for the fish?  I only have three Dwarf Endlers in the aquarium.  I know that the CO2 should only be running when the lights are on, correct me if I'm wrong.  So would that mean that if my lights are on from 1pm to 11pm that the CO2 should be running all or most of that time?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance  🙂

Thanks for the response!  Well I already have a couple groupings of Java Ferns and will be plucking the off-shoots of reproducing Java Ferns to re-plant at some point.  That's all I plan on having in this tank I think for now at least.  I asked this question 1 because I've had to trim around 5 or 6 leaves that had melted away and was just wondering if CO2 would help the plants live and grow healthier.  Also, I saw a Fluval CO2 kit on Petco's website for $35 and was thinking, hey if it's that affordable why not look into the benefits and risks of it lol  🙂

If only the Co-Op would come out with a CO2 kit and refill cartridges for a good price I would of course buy it right away from them instead of the big box store.  🙂