Tetra Guy

This morning I noticed one honey gourami swimming in an odd rocking  way, making headway but with a forward and backwards rocking.  I think this fish was slightly roughed up when it nearly went up the siphon during a water change last Sunday, and may be in pain. I see a missing scale or two near the base if the tail, and a rough spot near the mouth. No visible fungal fuzz. Fish is eating normally. I dosed the aquarium with API Stress Coat. Any advice? Thanks.

0F294334-3AB6-4EEA-8F24-DE27774E99CA.jpeg

45F760D5-F1BC-4C02-90BD-3FCA05BAFC68.jpeg

Edited by Tetra Guy

Poor fella. I think clean water, stress coat, and keeping him calm are the best things you can do--that may mean keeping your lights off a little more. The fact that he is eating is really excellent, if he gets any secondary infection you will want to dose with meds like maracyn and ichX for bacteria and fungus, so if you need to, now would be the time to order supplies. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Petco may not stock maracyn-- Just a heads up, beware that maracyn and maracyn2 are not the same. If you strike out at Petco, Aquarium co-op is fast to ship. In any case, you will want an antibiotic and an antifungal for potential issues.

• Thanks 1