Algae in other tank can I move otocinclus

Redfire

Hi everyone! 
Question for you, so I have a 20 gallon and 5 gallon tank. Just got 2 otocinclus a week ago and they have been doing a great job on the algae in the 20 gallon. I have a 5 gallon tank with a lot of algae. Now can I move the oto to the 5 gallon to eat the algae then move them back to the 20 gallon? Or should I get an algae eater for the 5 gallon and if so what would you recommend? Thank you for all of your help! 

158463C6-8311-484B-AC1C-0B40CD166864.jpeg

I would think it would be ok a single oto can sure eat a lot of algae though I think Cory has mentioned he has 6 or 8 in his 800 gallon so it doesn't take many to eat a ton of algae. I would be most concerned about whether there's enough algae in the 5 gallon to support an oto.

I move them around periodically but they have a reputation for being a bit delicate. I’d give them a month in your larger tank before moving them or at least make sure they have fat bellies!  In that five gallon with mostly artificial plants I’d just scrub out the algae next time you change water. 

Edited by Patrick_G
  • Like 1

Yes they can be difficult.  I tell most people if they really INSIST on no eggs, go to a LFS that will exchange them if they turn out to be girls. I am someone who doesn't mind them. Use a razor on the glass, but they will get on plants and decorations. Here is a pic for reference. The eggs fade over time if you do nothing about them.

Resized_20211018_144843.jpg

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
Typos are lame
  • Thanks 1