Shrimp and plants in qt tank that needs to be sterilized.

Nanci B

Well my last green neon tetra developed ick and didn’t make it through the ick-x treatment. It really sucks. 

so now I need to sterilize the plants, filter and heater. 

I have read about the ways to use bleach to sterilize the tank and equipment, 

but am not sure the best way to sterilize the plants. I don’t want to compost or throw away, I have some great plants in there just floating. No substrate. 

There are also 6-7 red cherry shrimp in there—shrimplets to full adults. 

what to do with them? 

Thanks you guys—you have all been wonderful. 

sincerely, 

Nanci

Thanks @lefty o  This is after a 100% loss of 10 green neons. This one was the last and only one who showed signs of ick. I never found out what was happening except that 2 died in the bag on the way home. I posted about that dreadful series of events in another post about green neons dying  

I am also a lefty! 

Edited by Nanci B
Spelling and added information

On 10/17/2021 at 2:43 PM, Nanci B said:

Thanks @lefty o  This is after a 100% loss of 10 green neons. This one was the last and only one who showed signs of ick. I never found out what was happening except that 2 died in the bag on the way home. I posted about that dreadful series of events in another post about green neons dying  

I am also a lefty! 

I agree with @lefty o. I wouldn't go nuclear over some fish dying, if it was ich it's easily treated. I'm guessing they had a bad time through the supply chain and just ran out of stamina.

• Like 1