Out of the loop!

Alesha

Hi guys,

I had to be absent from the Forum for a bit (maybe 7-8 days?), and now I feel so FAR behind! I feel the compulsive NEED to look at everything I missed, but that just seems too overwhelming. Anybody else feel this way after missing a few days??

I think I may just have to hit the giant "Mark All As Read" button in order to move forward!!!😁😁😁

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brandy said:

totally. It was easier when it was a smaller group. 

Yeah...that too. But I know "easier" isn't always "better". I just don't always have the energy for it some days. But that's ok...you guys kept on in my absence. If you need to take a break, I'll try to bridge the gap. (As far as my limited knowledge will allow, any way.😉)

A long time ago, on another forum, I found myself feeling the same way. I ended up having to come to the conclusion, make priorities and look at what I enjoy.  So I set for myself to make sure I welcome a handful of folks each week with a meaningful reply and pick a few select posts that I would be interested in reading. Then accept that I am only human and a forum is not my home, at the end of the day I was simply a guest in a community who has been given the grace and privelege to participate.  

TLDR: It can be wise to set boundaries and goals in ones community participation. 

Edited by Ben_RF
  • Like 3

@Ben_RF that is exactly what i do. i check in every couple of days and only check the topics that seem interesting to me or that i feel like i can help with. i think cory designed this forum so that you dont feel like you have fomo and that you can check in once a week if needed and pick up where you left off. 

• Like 2