Magic Eraser/melamine cleaning pads

dmurray407

They are a game changer, remember you can cut them down to get many many uses out of each sponge. I use quite small pieces it's quite impressive how much you can do with a tiny square.

They generally state if they have cleaning solutions in them in the package (excuse to charge more). You could always check them my squeezing in tap water in a jug and see if anything comes out.

• Like 1

The Walmart website lists the only ingredient as Melamine, so I guess it's OK. I was only concerned because the package says that if you wash dishes with it to rinse thoroughly. Guess I need to look melamine up.....I did a little internet research and they sure sound safe to me. There were some rumors that they contain formaldehyde, but they are not true. Mr Clean says they are 100% non toxic....

Edited by dmurray407

On 10/7/2021 at 4:24 PM, dmurray407 said:

The Walmart website lists the only ingredient as Melamine, so I guess it's OK. I was only concerned because the package says that if you wash dishes with it to rinse thoroughly. Guess I need to look melamine up.....I did a little internet research and they sure sound safe to me. There were some rumors that they contain formaldehyde, but they are not true. Mr Clean says they are 100% non toxic....

100% Melamine is what the COOP ones are made of. I trust coop 😁

• Like 4

On 10/7/2021 at 6:57 PM, Guppysnail said:

100% Melamine is what the COOP ones are made of. I trust coop 😁

I'll have a plant order in a week or so (waiting for some driftwood to come) so maybe I'll just get some Coop ones and compare. I've read enough good things about the Mr Clean and generic ones that I should be satisfied, but it makes me nervous to be putting anything unusual into my tank....

On 10/7/2021 at 8:54 PM, dmurray407 said:

I'll have a plant order in a week or so (waiting for some driftwood to come) so maybe I'll just get some Coop ones and compare. I've read enough good things about the Mr Clean and generic ones that I should be satisfied, but it makes me nervous to be putting anything unusual into my tank....

My suggestion to make them last longer is cut them in half to make them thinner then in quarters. I hate reusing things that get wet so they dry quicker plus multiples for several tanks plus when a piece degrades over time the little bits don’t come loose in the tank 

• Like 1