• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2022 at 4:16 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Awesome! I just found the wording kinda funny- normally- say on a package of strawberries it says "grown in". Maybe they put other dry goods in those containers. 

I agree. I wonder if it has anything to do with agricultural import regulations.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 3:35 PM, eatyourpeas said:

Just arrived! I went to the ADA store in San Francisco and fell in love with these plants, so I ordered some for this tank and the one where Elmer and the Biker Gang live. Can't wait to see how they do!

image.jpeg.2241f5feed9a9796337917e8ec327299.jpeg

I too have fallen in love with the looks of Hygrophilia pinnatifida.

I will be following to learn how to succeed!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I cleaned the canister filter yesterday (way overdue!) and decided to change the direction of the spray bar. Oh dear!, the fish are so happy! It was like giving them a membership to the gym, and even the newest little Lampeye was out braving the current.

I can’t be blamed for having sluggish fish any longer! 😁

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...

The tank is down to three CPD’s, four plus the teenage Lampeye, and the usual snails and Neocaridina inhabitants. Like @Guppysnail I have also grown tired of the CPD bickering, so will not be getting any more. The bully CPD did away with the youngest Lampeye. 🥺

This tank is identical to the one @Biotope Biologist got for his WCMM, so I may move mine in here and give up on the BBA experiment. One less tank should make my husband happy!

The Hygrophila pinnatifida is not looking like it will make it, but was definitely worth trying.

• Like 2

I just moved out my smaller CPD group from the Pygmy tank. All was well since November then at full grown maturity they started terrorizing my Pygmy. I actual gave them as trade for more Pygmy since he wanted a plethora in 100g tank. This way he has an established breeding group to get things started. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...