On 1/9/2022 at 9:57 AM, Torrey said:

Having struggled with my last 2 bettas, and never being able to truly identify what the issue was, I can feel your frustration and disappointment. 

I am rooting for you and for a full recovery of your fish. There is a lot of new research coming out regarding aquarium fish diseases and treatment now that zebra danios are being used for lab animals. It's much easier to follow Colu's simple directions than having to dig through dry journals though. 

I agree with Guppysnail, the fish appear to be looking better. 

Thank you! Still a few days to go with meds, so I hope it is a success.

On 1/11/2022 at 10:53 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

ORD I love that coloring on camo shrimp. Wish my greens started popping out something fun like this! 
In your opinion @eatyourpeasare CPDs as good with Neocaridina as everyone says? 

They get along great! Sometimes a neo would swim along a CPD and follow to the planted area. They eat together, CPDs and Lampeyes grab the food before it sinks, once it hits bottom it is Neos' but they will still share should the casual fish come looking for more.

Today, the little fry ate some Hikari First Bites. He is soooo teeny!

PXL_20220106_232422973_MP.jpg.31930387dddc8e1a87b89799ef9ee08a.jpg

There have been moltings and so far the shrimp have weathered the meds. Today is the last day, yay!

Edited by eatyourpeas
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

The tank is appearing to be back to normal. No more deaths, so far I consider myself (and them) fortunate.

Ninja mama is very big, and her eggs are starting to darken a bit, with me wondering what the shrimplets are going to look like. Another blue rili was berried but lost her clutch. The boys were swimming frantically, so another girl must have molted.

I have spotted a couple of fry at different times, but then they disappear, so my guess is they are getting eaten. A couple of the Lampeyes go to the fry area often.

Back to our regular programming. Thanks for checking in. 🙂

Edited by eatyourpeas
  • Like 2

Another loss today, and this was the Lampeye with the bendy spine. I did not expect him to last this long, frankly. No signs of anything suspicious, so I am not getting paranoid about disease (yet!).

There have been fry that last a couple of days before they disappear, probably eaten. Shrimps are getting berried, and I think the boys are probably of doing laps by now.

I decided to leave the extra air stone and also added a Catappa leaf, and everyone looks good. Even the Cryptocoryne Pink Flamingo that came melted is showing signs of recovery!

Edited by eatyourpeas
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 2:33 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

I have been lucky that the guppies and platys seem to be content to have the food come to them. 

I take it back, a shrimplet has been spotted while following the little fry! Duckweed on upper corner for size reference.

PXL_20220225_000029963_MP.jpg.25202d7aa7d461537e97372887d766f8.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Lost a CPD to Dropsy. He had been bullied and by the time I could extract him the disease had done a number on him. Meds were not able to save him. After the Columnaris took a toll on the tank, I was left with just two females and five boys, so they do spar quite a bit. Will need to get more girls but LFS was out when I went there to get the WCMMs.

Little Lampeye keeps growing, visiting with Hydra and shrimplet, two of them spotted so far, and another one berried. Ninja Mama has disappeared.

PXL_20220301_174535563.jpg.9d636f16924b4c1bc6d37b6a936c8611.jpg

PXL_20220224_235918929.jpg.bc47785497e5809dbc79b56308f5acd7.jpg

Edited by eatyourpeas
  • Sad 1

On 3/1/2022 at 12:42 PM, Guppysnail said:

Ninja momma may be fine a few notable ones of mine disappear a day or so before releasing babies and stay well hidden until after they drop molt and are berries anew the next I’m able to locate them. 

It is possible. She was berried the last time I saw her. One never knows with ninjas... :classic_ninja:

• Haha 1

Ninja Mama is out and about again. And there are shrimplets everywhere! There is definitely a tendency to hide until they are a little bigger, so they know the CPDs see them as snack. The Lampeye fry is still there, growing beautifully.

PXL_20220306_210958326_MP.jpg.25a2023997d20f271f4c8a881d47e6ad.jpg

PXL_20220225_000027813_MP.jpg.99097c1c73b87645020def7883bb4536.jpg

Edited by eatyourpeas
  • Like 2