Today was.... interesting. 

I started the day with an unplanned, 7.8 mile walk (completed in just under 2 hours).

I'm probably going to pay for it for the next week, but walking and getting to watch the sun rise was a fabulous start to the day.

20211009_183020.jpg

• Like 6

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/26/2021 at 2:22 PM, eatyourpeas said:

Here is a little gift for you, @Torrey. A pod of orcas came to our island on Thanksgiving Day!

Thank you!!!!

Does this indicate the Sound is cooling off enough to get the O2 levels back up? A friend shared some video with me, and told me to be grateful that the video couldn't capture the smell from the die off😔

I really hope that we can get more people on board with healing the planet. 

On 11/27/2021 at 7:39 PM, Torrey said:

Does this indicate the Sound is cooling off enough to get the O2 levels back up? A friend shared some video with me, and told me to be grateful that the video couldn't capture the smell from the die off😔

I am not sure I am ready to say yes to that.

Was your friend referring to the pod that had the orca with the deceased calf? The pod eventually had new calves (including the mother that lost that little one).

There are too many issues that are negatively affecting the orcas. Kelp is on the decline, not enough salmon to feed on, the City of Seattle has not been meeting health standards with regards to sewage, so more harmful bacteria has been dumped in Elliott Bay, the list goes on.

I am hoping for a really cold winter this year. 🥶

On 11/28/2021 at 12:35 PM, eatyourpeas said:

I am not sure I am ready to say yes to that.

Was your friend referring to the pod that had the orca with the deceased calf? The pod eventually had new calves (including the mother that lost that little one).

There are too many issues that are negatively affecting the orcas. Kelp is on the decline, not enough salmon to feed on, the City of Seattle has not been meeting health standards with regards to sewage, so more harmful bacteria has been dumped in Elliott Bay, the list goes on.

I am hoping for a really cold winter this year. 🥶

We humans with our delusions of superiority are going to be responsible for our own demise....

My friend had sent me video about a week after the heat dome. The crab and bivalve die off was pretty bad.

I'm hoping for a very, very cold winter, and hopefully humans will start making different choices...😔

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 2:53 PM, Torrey said:

We humans with our delusions of superiority are going to be responsible for our own demise....

My friend had sent me video about a week after the heat dome. The crab and bivalve die off was pretty bad.

I'm hoping for a very, very cold winter, and hopefully humans will start making different choices...😔

The heat doom, I mean dome!

I must admit I was not venturing out due to my own health issues, but can imagine it. 🤮

I did experience my own tank die off because I did not have the chiller in place in time for it. Not a good thing to go through!

I was very happy to see the orcas. I am always happy when I see the orcas. I hope we can learn to be better to ourselves and our world.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/28/2021 at 9:05 PM, eatyourpeas said:

The heat doom, I mean dome!

I must admit I was not venturing out due to my own health issues, but can imagine it. 🤮

I did experience my own tank die off because I did not have the chiller in place in time for it. Not a good thing to go through!

I was very happy to see the orcas. I am always happy when I see the orcas. I hope we can learn to be better to ourselves and our world.

My love react to the orcas.

I miss sailing with the orcas up there....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...