Rub-a-dub-dub…

Stef

Had to post this cute pic of my three panda corys. 

These three are currently in a 10 gal shared with three young BN plecos, one oto and one betta. Would adding 2 more panda corys be pushing it, bio-load wise? I’m doing weekly water changes regularly. I feed them frozen blood worms weekly plus sinking wafers every few days. The dish was what was left from the plecos’ algae wafers. I love watching the pandas patrol the tank like a little troop ☺️

5AD24E6F-8BC3-4161-9631-88B35AB3BB1B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 10/3/2021 at 8:44 PM, Stef said:

Yeah, @lefty o I got suckered into a 3 for $15 sale at the time. I’ve got my sights on a 50 gal for the holidays. How long do you think I have before they’re grown?  They all a little less than 1.5” inch. 

4C7EA2E0-726E-48EA-972A-43A0B296EAB7.png

Aww, so cute!  You’ve got a few months, so if you get a bigger tank over the holidays, you should be fine.

Edited by Odd Duck

Adorable. I got my pair of BN  in early March of this year at 1.5-1.75 inches. They ended up being boy and girl. They mated and had the first babies beginning to mid august I would have to look up the exact date. They sometimes grow and mature quickly. So be prepared if you see arguments to move some or if you see mating unless you want tons more. Adorable pandas. I love mine 🥰

Edited by Guppysnail

Yikes @Guppysnail yours wasted no time. I have a 5gal with a very large piece of driftwood that a BN would love and only a single betta, but smaller volume. One of the three BN’s (the one on the bottom of the zucchini) is a little bigger than the other two and a little pushier at feeding time. Could he be male?  None of them have their bristles yet. 

On 10/3/2021 at 10:35 PM, Stef said:

Yikes @Guppysnail yours wasted no time. I have a 5gal with a very large piece of driftwood that a BN would love and only a single betta, but smaller volume. One of the three BN’s (the one on the bottom of the zucchini) is a little bigger than the other two and a little pushier at feeding time. Could he be male?  None of them have their bristles yet. 

Maybe but it’s so hard to tell. I realized mine was a boy when he started grooming his cave and that she was a girl when I seen the egg belly. He grew his whiskers while fanning the eggs