raising gh

Craziiininja

I keep mbuna. my tap water is 8.2ph, 1gh, 10kh. I've been using equilibrium to buffer my gh up to 12 degrees. is there a better way i can be raising my gh? i'm never about aragonite sand and seiryu stone cause those methods will also change my other parameteres. Also i tested crushed coral and it didnt do anything because my kh is too high. i'm looking for a safe and reliable method that i wont have to change out every very often. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

thats essentially what i'm already doing tho. thanks for the reply tho

if i done the seiryu stone and aragonite sand then when i do a water change the parameters of the new water from the tap will be dramatically different from the water in the aquarium thats being buffered up by the stone and sand. is that as dangerous or risky as i think it will be or am i over reacting?

On 10/1/2021 at 10:31 AM, Craziiininja said:

thats essentially what i'm already doing tho. thanks for the reply tho

Essentially but it's much cheaper over time. I used to use equilibrium it gets expensive over time. 

Unfortunately there isn't any other way around it. That's literally all that parameter is. There is hardscape that has calcium in it which would satisfy your gH. But then you'd still have to supplement with magnesium.

also so i have my fish in a 125g. i mix my water in a empty 75g aquarium. the fish in the 125g are suffering from external parasites that i'm gonna treat with paracleanse. my pump i use to drain my 125g during water changes is the same pump i have to use to put in the 75g to refill the 125g. so i know i'm cross contaminating so will i also have to treat the 75g?