Live food for guppies.

Endler enthusiast

Hi, I’m McKenna (Mack and mick are nicknames) and I am a chronic over builder/ overachiever. I am nearing a new endler breeding project( also overbuilt) with an auto fry separator and two tanks dedicated to one colony. I haven’t decided what type of endler I will choose yet, but I know I want to feed both adults and fry live foods (in combination with repashy vegetarian option) and I needed help in choosing which live foods I should get. I wish to put the limit of different cultures to 4 ( not including bbs and the occasional mosquito larva from pooled water)
thank you for reading, and thank you for taking time to help me 🙂

On 10/1/2021 at 12:40 PM, JoshStover said:

My guppies LOVE BBS, daphnia and mosquito larvae. I haven’t tried much else though. 

Thank you for the recommendations, what set up do you use to hatch bbs? I don’t know if I want to buy a $44 for daily use on one tank, and my water bottle method didn’t have incredible results.

If you only need small numbers of BBS then I have a hobby branded artemia breeding dish that works really well for me. 

When I set up my tank I had a bunch of different copepods appear, soon after adding a few male Endlers they went to town and ate all the copepods so that's something the adults at least seem to love! 

Also I think moina are a bit smaller than daphnia and supposedly a bit hardier so that might be a good option. 

On 10/1/2021 at 3:45 PM, Mack said:

Thank you for the recommendations, what set up do you use to hatch bbs? I don’t know if I want to buy a $44 for daily use on one tank, and my water bottle method didn’t have incredible results.

It is a bit on the pricy side but it works so well and makes it so easy.  I have alot of fry tanks....with A LOT of fry and I am running two to keep up with demand.  There are some things that are just worth the price because of the ease they provide.  Just what works for me.2D312A90-31E6-4D41-A1DE-EBC04CBBB8C1.jpeg.6faa4977bfc4640703b932fdd38d1530.jpeg

• Like 1