how to take bristlenose eggs

Daviscoast

On 9/29/2021 at 1:52 AM, s1_ said:

The only time I put bristlenose eggs in a tumbler is if they are kicked out of the cave.

Yeah. The same thing here. Eggs get kicked out and moved to a breeder box for me. Once a female lays her eggs, she's out of there. A rival female will sometimes then force her way in, kick out the other eggs and lay eggs of her own. When I find the eggs have been kicked out, I simply move them to a breeder box, add an air stone and wait for them to hatch. Female plecos can get pretty aggressive if there's a male more than one likes. 

I left mine with dad. They protect them and fan them so they don’t fungus.  They are fantastic dad @Brandy gave me the idea to use my python hose piece only no siphon to remove the babies when they were 2 weeks old to put in the grow out. Worked like a charm and they had the biofilm available in parents seasoned tank to get them started. I did this with first two clutches back to back eggs laid three weeks apart. The third clutch again 3 weeks would have overwhelmed all of my tanks so tried several methods to remove eggs to dispose..I know I feel horrible but better to care well for what I could than all suffer…. Dad protected those eggs fiercely. With his body over the eggs.  I finally gently lifted the cave and shook swirled gently and he evacuated the cave. I removed all eggs and replaced the cave. Hope that helps