Name for this Guppy?

Hunter Dishner

Hey all!

I realize there's probably a few different names for this color variation but I can't find even a single one. 

I've got a few different sets I've isolated but this one I just can't decide if I should keep it or not. It's ugly to me, but my fiancee says she thinks they're awesome so maybe I'm just crazy? It's only the 3 males pictured that I have that look like that. No females at all. 

PXL_20210929_004507667.jpg

On 9/28/2021 at 7:03 PM, Hunter Dishner said:

Hey all!

I realize there's probably a few different names for this color variation but I can't find even a single one. 

I've got a few different sets I've isolated but this one I just can't decide if I should keep it or not. It's ugly to me, but my fiancee says she thinks they're awesome so maybe I'm just crazy? It's only the 3 males pictured that I have that look like that. No females at all. 

PXL_20210929_004507667.jpg

@Guppysnail called it: you have endlers.

If you can locate an endler female, they are hardy little fish and happiest when in huge groups.

I have found them to be more personable than guppies, and infinitely hardier.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2021 at 6:24 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

Endler-guppy hybrid, if the tail forms extension(s) it’s either a single or double sword if not then just a good ok’ hybrid! 

All my males have the definitive forked tail, but only one part of the fork gets coloration in about 80%, and the remaining 20% either have no color to the tail, or are the top and bottom of the fork are both colored. 

Genetics are fun!