Tank for 7 year old's birthday - take 2

Oreganoodle

On 9/25/2021 at 10:01 PM, Torrey said:

My mum brought home one baby sister, and 18 months later brought home another baby sister, but sent the first baby sister to stay with grandparents for a while, because my dad was never home to help😅

I was a very confused kid for a while. 

My parents left for the hospital the second time with a toddler in tow, and came home with another newborn that was back in diapers. 

Absolutely *nothing* like the really cool fish in the 10 gallon aquarium 🤣

They didn't even have cool colors like the fish.🤷‍♂️

My oldest (the now 7 year old) visited us in the hospital when her sister was born, and though she'd been potty trained for awhile still had an accident because it was all very overwhelming (I guess b/c I didn't get her a fish tank then) so she went to the hospital in underwear and went home in maternity diapers >< .  I guess I shoulda got her a tank years ago...

• Haha 1

@Torrey you forgot the end of the story! (That I just found out reading another thread 😁)

You wanted to figure out how the whole human baby thing *really* worked so you grew up and became a baby delivery helper person! 😊

Edited by Hobbit
Thought Torrey was a hospital nurse—whoops!
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 9:13 PM, Hobbit said:

@Torrey you forgot the end of the story! (That I just found out reading another thread 😁)

You wanted to figure out how the whole human baby thing *really* worked so you grew up and became a labor and delivery nurse!! 😊

Oh, I kept my promise to my mum, I never became a nurse. Too much work, too much stress, and never enough pay.

I worked in the ER for 2 years, long enough to know that I can't handle the sensory nightmare we call hospitals. 

I support birthing parents with homebirths.💜

• Like 2