Signs of MTS and the affect it has on our loved ones.

Atitagain

Do you have an uncontrollable urge to look through a random web sites selection of driftwood? Like Joe Dirt looking through the Trader Papers auto section even though he don’t own a car. Every time you see an aquarium in a movie do you pause it, to nit pick their stocking selection? When’s the last time you were at a doctors office that had a tank and you DID NOT tell the receptionist that you also own an aquarium? If you answer any of these questions in any way you absolutely have MTS ( multiple tank syndrome) also know as YWT (Yes i Want That). Don’t worry there’s help, first we need to define the symptoms of this affliction, I’ll start.

I have a fishroom, you think that would be enough but no I’ll continue. I own 14 tanks and recently have had the need to downsize without question this is a must stuff must go! I’m very torn about which tanks need to be either sold or placed in storage. The real problem is if I sell them I won’t have extra tanks for quarantine purposes. But if I store them where I still have access to them, they will absolutely find their way back into the fishroom. Examples: 1)I need a QT lil gravel, background, 1 plant uhh ohh 2) this plant has algae all over it, I can place it here with some snails oppps ect…ect…

Help me and others identify what are signs of MTS?

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Hi ....My name is ArmyVet and I have MTS.  I have a fish room and in total I have 20 fish tanks with plans completed to add 15 more.  

The first thing I think of in the morning is I have to feed the fish...the second thing is how many more babies do I have.😱

When I get home from work I immediately go to the fish room for the evening feeding and general overall enjoyment of being with my fish.  On my day off (I say day because I only get 1) it is spent entirely in the fish room unless my wife comes in with my gun ushering me out with me screaming ...I dont wanna go...I DONT WANNA GO!!

Im my living room I have our couch and a fish tank on either side so no matter where I am sitting I can see my fishies!

I keep saying I dont have a problem...the only problem I can see is...where to put another tank!😋

Edited by ARMYVET
  • Like 3
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

Hi, my name is Kerry.  I have 6-9-15-7 fish tanks depending on the day of the week 🤣. I have a problem….no more outlets and my other tanks are stored behind stuff to heavy for me to move. Hubby planned that. I have a lovely home I come out of my fish room, now rooms to visit occasionally. I like fish more than people.  Amazon is under the impression I run a wildlife foundation.  When hubby looks in the kitchen and says dinner smells funny I explain it’s for the fish I’ll make yours next. I store my guns in the fish room..heaven help anyone who intends my babies harm 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Love 4

My wife was sorta cool with my MTS until I added at least one tank in every room including bathrooms. She also think I’m crazy for stopped and taking busted tanks out of peoples trash but you never know when I’ll need that glass. The last time I stopped for a tank out of the trash I ended up leaving with a 55, 40 breeder, 30 half moon and 55 hex all for free!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

It’s not only how many tanks you have it’s a state of mind.

When your significant other is cooking/ working on the car are you daydreaming of how their utensils/ tools could help with your hobby?

When Girl Scouts come to your door to sell cookies do you shew them away because those will not feed your fish? And you of course are busy!

• Haha 3

On 9/24/2021 at 9:15 AM, Atitagain said:

When Girl Scouts come to your door to sell cookies do you shew them away because those will not feed your fish

Oh hell no....I buy 10 boxes of thin mints and 10 boxes of Tagalongs and sit in a closet somewhere where nobody will find me!

• Haha 7
  • Love 2

On 9/24/2021 at 9:15 AM, Atitagain said:

It’s not only how many tanks you have it’s a state of mind.

When your significant other is cooking/ working on the car are you daydreaming of how their utensils/ tools could help with your hobby?

When Girl Scouts come to your door to sell cookies do you shew them away because those will not feed your fish? And you of course are busy!

My hubby is not allowed to touch my fish cooking utensils..I mean kitchen items. 
hubby only touches my fish supply getting Volvo mobile to service so it’s in top peak hauling mode. 
tag along and do-si-dos are my fuel to have have energy to feed my fish and drive to fish stores and I supply his thin mint addiction so he has energy to service the fish mobile

On 9/24/2021 at 10:10 AM, Guppysnail said:

My hubby is not allowed to touch my fish cooking utensils..I mean kitchen items. 
hubby only touches my fish supply getting Volvo mobile to service so it’s in top peak hauling mode. 
tag along and do-si-dos are my fuel to have have energy to feed my fish and drive to fish stores and I supply his thin mint addiction so he has energy to service the fish mobile

Those and ice cream are the only sugar I eat 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't have a problem.  If I get rid of the coffeemaker, toaster, and microwave, I can add two or three more tanks to the kitchen.  ...I had that thought yesterday,  It worries me.

On 9/24/2021 at 8:12 AM, ARMYVET said:

Oh ....and did I mention...I added a live camera to my fish room so I can watch them when I'm not there.....Nope no problem here!🤪

I've had a live fishcam for a long time. I'm watching them from my home office as we type.  It won't be a problem until we install a separate monitor for the fish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

On 9/24/2021 at 9:27 AM, ARMYVET said:

Oh hell no....I buy 10 boxes of thin mints and 10 boxes of Tagalongs and sit in a closet somewhere where nobody will find me!

So you obviously have fish tanks in you closet like I do584BDB4F-C534-4756-9EDB-FCC382C41914.jpeg.466540cd655eb7db79a92a553f8c84e4.jpeg

On 9/24/2021 at 10:10 AM, Guppysnail said:

My hubby is not allowed to touch my fish cooking utensils

Literally spit a lil coffee out when I read this.🤣🤣🤣 of coarse you have dedicated fish cooking utensils…so does my wife (she only knows about the measuring cup((see other thread))

On 9/24/2021 at 10:13 AM, Tanked said:

I've had a live fishcam for a long time. I'm watching them from my home office as we type.  It won't be a problem until we install a separate monitor for the fish.

Get back to work!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Have you ever broke out your phone to show pics of your fish to combat someone with newborn baby pics?

on your way to the LFS are you coming up with a plan in case someone, preferably another customer ask what kind of fish do you have? But if it’s an employee so be it, time to nerm out!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/24/2021 at 12:43 PM, eatyourpeas said:

I would add more tanks if I had more outlets available. My husband has taken all others between electronics, electric guitar amps, etc... He wins!

Maybe your not afflicted with MTS, I would run an extension cord from my neighbors back yard outlet. Or hire an electrician to come and install a sub panel in the fish room (did I mention I rent)

Sorry everyone, kids are gone for the day and I’ve already finished my water changes and have nothing else to do.

speaking of water changes …have you ever described to a non fish keeper how you do a water change…ever, for any reason, ever?

• Haha 2

On 9/24/2021 at 9:53 AM, Atitagain said:

Maybe your not afflicted with MTS, I would run an extension cord from my neighbors back yard outlet. Or hire an electrician to come and install a sub panel in the fish room (did I mention I rent)

It is to the point where he would not unplug anything because he fears I will take it over! In my next life I will be an electrician! I do not have a fish room, my whole house has become the fish room... 🤪

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2021 at 12:56 PM, eatyourpeas said:

It is to the point where he would not unplug anything because he fears I will take it over! In my next life I will be an electrician! I do not have a fish room, my whole house has become the fish room... 🤪

Hubby works 3rd watches tv in bedroom to sleep. He was FURIOUS when I forgot to replug his tv behind the dresser because I took his power strip for an impromptu tank set up 🤣

• Haha 3