SAE not eating

Phoenix1391

One of the algae eaters I got from my recent order came extremely sickly looking but made it through med trio just fine. All the rest are doing amazing but this one hardly eats and just rests on plants all day. Wondering should I just give him time as it’s only been less than a week since he was medicated? His color is a lot different too so I’m wondering if he was a genetic anomaly 

61D976D0-BFA5-4974-BD64-9DC3947CD5BA.jpeg

3D268669-8F5C-464F-A8A6-3578BFD1EEEF.jpeg

He looks thin  as he's not eating much  I would do is Qarantine try soaking his food in seachems garlic guard to encourage him to eat he could have internal parasites or something else on I would medicate his food with paracleanse if you can get him to eat if not do a full course of paracleanse added directly to the tank it will be more effective in food

Screenshot_20210811-014219~2.png

On 9/24/2021 at 5:42 AM, Colu said:

He looks thin  as he's not eating much  I would do is Qarantine try soaking his food in seachems garlic guard to encourage him to eat he could have internal parasites or something else on I would medicate his food with paracleanse if you can get him to eat if not do a full course of paracleanse added directly to the tank it will be more effective in food

Screenshot_20210811-014219~2.png

He’s already been medicated. He spent a week with paraclense, Maracyn and ich x. He does come to eat a bit of normal food but not algae.

it doesnt look healthy. some sae's just arent big algae eaters, but you say he comes for regular food. my question is does it sorta just nibble a little bit, or does it really go after the food? if its not eating algae, and not very actively eating fish food, treat it for internal parasites again. if it gets much skinnier than in your pics, its a goner.