• 2 weeks later...

Caught the tail end of Dragon being flirty with my female, Pyewacket. She never puts up with him long. And then Gertrude chases him. Good times. 

This tank always has so much glare from the windows in the morning.

Pyewacket has some sort of weird short body deformity and so looks strange, just FYI. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I recently made the decision that I would like to play with making mutt platies. SO, I began the process of moving my humpback limias to my 29 gal, and leaving Pooka's tank to be the crazy rainbow platy mix tank (save for long time resident The Unsinkable Molly Brown). 

Man oh man, catching every last limia was such a pain. I really, really didn't want to take apart Pooka's cave or risk damaging my giant sword plant. So every day I just made an effort to get a few, mostly by trying to surprise them at feeding time. The last two evaded me for days, finally catching one yesterday, and the last this morning - I removed the sponge filter which decreased her hiding options. 

So now I have the option of bringing home platies when I feel like it (though my quarantine tank is still occupied atm), and I have a happy little limia tank. 

After my victory I took this pic. I don't know why, lol. I was like, "HAHA! Take THAT!"

PXL_20210108_152819833.jpg.2110efcb13dfb8440b48f87efd8b1fc0.jpg

Happy limias! Well, actually I think they're all still a bit freaked out, but they'll settle in.

PXL_20210108_153025322.jpg.368a460bc64b54828e33adbc1264634f.jpg

And some delicious chocolate milk. I'm lazy and don't clean my sponge filters often. X3

PXL_20210108_152908464.jpg.8e926a8c511f175288243e11bc700f3c.jpg

Edited by H.K.Luterman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I noticed Pooka rubbing her face on the rocks and substrate often last night, as well as scratching her sides and flicking her dorsal fin. I also noticed, though I'm not sure if it's related, that now and then a platy would go up to her and seem to pick something off her body (she wouldn't react, she just sat there and let them do it). So I decided to dose the tank with Prazi Pro. This morning she seems very perky, and the flashing/flicking behavior so far seems to be gone. Not sure what kind of creepy crawly was bugging her, but hopefully that took care of it. Nothing has changed in the tank save for me removing all the limia, so I have no idea where it could have come from - perhaps it was just naturally in the water column and had a bloom.

Edited by H.K.Luterman
typo!
  • Like 1