New 10 Gallon Scape... So Far

Ken

I'm setting up a new 10 gallon tank. Got the rocks and sand in tonight. The planting plan is epiphytes only, tucked in everywhere I can. Maybe some floaters if I can find something that appeals. The fish will be a handful of Pygmy Corys and Kubota Rasboras. 

The rocks and sand came from the hill up the road. Filtration is going to be the two nanos tucked into the corners.

I probably broke all the "rules" of  aquascaping so any suggestions are welcome.

Has anyone else noticed that spellcheck hates this hobby?10-1.jpg.f6659e768763a7701413430b08a55313.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Stones are beautiful @Ken! You could along the back do stems of bacopa or baby tears(not the dwarf baby tears), ludwigia, dwarf sag or corkscrew Val. In the mid ground I’d do some crypts wendtii species are easy. In the foreground I love dwarf chain swords and lve had mixed results with crypt parva. On the hardscape id do anubias nana, some different Java ferns and I think you’re done. 

• Like 2

I totally agree that when using the longer and more specific names or organisms, my writing gets the red lines all over!!

I don't think theres any "rules" to aquascaping, it's more like an art form where it's all subjective to each individual. When I first started with plants, I really only loved anubias and that was my aquascape, still love the look. But I know others would absolutely despise the look because of how different it was.

For your tank, with only epitaphytes, I think it would be cool to see some green wavy buce tucked in between the cracks on the top of the rocks. Your scape reminds of a desert style and green wavy always looks like Christmas cactus to me. 

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

I like that hardscape! Never heard of A. frazeri, I think I will have to look into that one. A possible simple addition to try is pods, leaves or cones (I am trying out some walnut shells, but that's just me being cheap). Then again, less is more, or so I hear. 

• Like 1