End of Season Guppy Tub Reveal

Patrick_G

On 9/22/2021 at 12:36 AM, Patrick_G said:

Yeah, in another thread @PineSongsaid they like to see end of season tub reveals. I thought it was a cool idea.

I love them! So many colors and different patterns. Of course those with the pink and purple tails are eye catching, but I also just love the hot colored ones and the variety. Much more interesting than a tank full of the same style, no matter how flashy it is. How many fish did you put in the tub to start with, and how many did you get out? I am definitely doing a tub next summer, and thinking about what guppies I want to start with is half the fun.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@PineSong, I started this spring in the tank with two females and three males. The original males passed but I ended up with about ten adults and maybe 25-30 fry and Juveniles. I think all the adults will be rehomed so I can try again next year.

One lesson I’ve learned is that it very hard to get all the fry out of a mulmy tub! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2021 at 7:55 PM, Patrick_G said:

@PineSong, I started this spring in the tank with two females and three males. The original males passed but I ended up with about ten adults and maybe 25-30 fry and Juveniles.

So none of the flashy-tailed guys in that vid were adults when you started the tub--they were born in it?

I just find it so fascinating how those mixes can play out, and it makes it all the more special when you get a really flashy one.

Back in the olden days I used to attend a lot of horse shows and in the breeds I was around, certain colors/patterns were uncommon and therefore they really stood out and were sought after--buckskin, grulla, blue roan and solid black. Sometime while I was away from the industry they cracked the DNA code on producing all of those colors and now there are pretty much factories churning them out. Takes the fun out of it somehow when you see them all the time. I prefer the magic of seeing what you get.

• Like 2