What are polyester backgrounds?

Thomas

I used to use them a bunch. And my father still uses them. They're basically a plastic sheet with a design on it that you stick onto the back of the aquarium using water and/ or tape. Depending if you want it attached right or not. When I planned my 40g tank, I was originally going to use a solid black background but decided against it because it caused reflections. They're really about personal preference in appearance, I personally feel like they're a bit over the top in design but then again I like my white wall being the background. 

On 9/21/2021 at 10:50 PM, Keeg said:

I used to use them a bunch. And my father still uses them. They're basically a plastic sheet with a design on it that you stick onto the back of the aquarium using water and/ or tape. Depending if you want it attached right or not. When I planned my 40g tank, I was originally going to use a solid black background but decided against it because it caused reflections. They're really about personal preference in appearance, I personally feel like they're a bit over the top in design but then again I like my white wall being the background. 

I don’t do background on most of mine but ones in front of windows I do. I like this to attach it works well

88435CF1-33EB-4B4A-8046-BB219167F81F.png

• Like 1

416C980C-63AF-44BC-9787-D46900FC0361.jpeg.7894af97184651468cef371933f1ae25.jpeg

This a polyesters background , it’s applied like window tinting, soapy water squeegeed out from center to sides. Could just tape it on like other backgrounds. I applied this one after it was set up. Do yourself a favor if you decide to go this route do it pulled away from the wall 😬😬😬. Not the best application, if you zoom in you can see the black dots . Wash your glass really well.

all in all I would recommend them. Pros; Don’t have to worry about them falling down, no water getting behind, seem to have a wider range of options, and smooth look if applied correctly. Cons; little more expensive, harder to apply ( even if not pushed up against a wall), can be moved but not easy, 

On 9/21/2021 at 11:28 PM, Atitagain said:

416C980C-63AF-44BC-9787-D46900FC0361.jpeg.7894af97184651468cef371933f1ae25.jpeg

This a polyesters background , it’s applied like window tinting, soapy water squeegeed out from center to sides. Could just tape it on like other backgrounds. I applied this one after it was set up. Do yourself a favor if you decide to go this route do it pulled away from the wall 😬😬😬. Not the best application, if you zoom in you can see the black dots . Wash your glass really well.

all in all I would recommend them. Pros; Don’t have to worry about them falling down, no water getting behind, seem to have a wider range of options, and smooth look if applied correctly. Cons; little more expensive, harder to apply ( even if not pushed up against a wall), can be moved but not easy, 

This little kit gets the black dot bubbles out 😉

6679B352-ADD1-4392-B82B-F8A8BEA79FF4.png

• Like 1