Pepper Cory with missing fin

Aiste

Hello,

I saw a pepper cory with missing fin at Petsmart today. He was the only cory in the tank with guppies and they seemed to be kind of picking on him, so I decided to adopt the little guy. Does this look like a result of fin nipping or some genetic mutation? What would be the best course of action to take care of him? Aside from the fin, he looks fine, active and swimming surprisingly well. The fin itself doesn't seem infected; doesn't look like a normal fin that has deteriorated/nipped to me (not much experience with things like that though).

He is currently in a quarantine tank, I have a cycled tank with a group of pepper corys for him to eventually join.

Any input would be appreciated very much, thanks 🙂

20210920_181856.jpg.d445531088927c774e4901dbd0fa6bcf.jpg20210920_181949.jpg.b588ea914560f583624745145c0b87db.jpg

He looks a bit thin to me and he's body sharp doesn't look right in the bottom pic what I would do feed him up with food high in protein blood brine shrimp and pellets  you could do the med trio add one dose of maracyn ick x and paracleanse and leave it for a week and then do a water change and see how he goes

• Like 2